Paradox Interactive today announced March of the Eagles, an upcoming RTS wargame covering the years of the Napoleonic Wars.
Players will take control of any one nation of Europe in this geopolitical barfight, dispatch armies and envoys, raid supply lines, form coalitions and get with the times, already. Because one thing’s for sure: Napoleon’s Grande ArmeĂ© is coming, and he’s not interested in second place though he might have to settle for it, if he’s just one guy in a 32 person multiplayer battle with set victory conditions.
Sign up for a chance to be part of the closed beta for March of the Eagles.”
- A Decade of Fire: Rule a major European power from 1805 to 1815 and ride out a decade of tactical innovation and strategic duplicity.
- Manage Great Men: Take advantage of your generals’ unique skills to be sure they are in the right place when rival armies meet.
- Manage Great Armies: Recruit vast armies from your population or build a navy to contest the rule of the seas.
- The Velvet Glove: Build coalitions to strengthen your hand and use diplomacy to undermine your enemies
- Logistics and Tactics: An army marches on its stomach, so keep your supply lines secure while your forces master new tactics and new modes of fighting in an era that revolutionized warfare.
- Mutiplayer: Up to 32 people can go online and duke it out for mastery of Europe.